Thursday, May 7, 2009

I bought Nikon D90, f/3.5-5.6 18-105mm VR kit Lense


I've always wanted a DSLR Camera, but the pricing was just too much for what I can handle. I've browsed through craigslist for past 2 weeks and I've finally found a deal.

Rohit Thakur was selling Nikon D90 with kit 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6 VR Lense for $900, very good deal due to the fact it comes with warranty. So this would be beginning for my photography journey.

Since I've done some research on this camera and lense, I've also played with the camera for past 2 days at different best buy locations. I was pretty happy I picked D90 over D200 even with huge discount on D200, the newer technologies in D90 greatly surpassed the older generation.

The Pros about D90
Its smaller comparing to D200 or D300, feels very comfortable at hand.
It has newer CMOS censoring.
It has 12MP DX images, with the right focus, pictures can zoom in up to a person's skin hair.
It has friendly UI, everything seems straight forward, just by reading guide books you can start taking some good photos.
It has.
It can capture non-professional videos that's just for fun.

The cons about D90
The video capture is at 24fps, which you can see the lag if you are trying to move the camera itself.
The camera zoom lense can go a little further than human eye, so if you want a lense that can zoom far away you'd probably need to get yourself another zoom lense.
The camera package doesn't come with HDMI Cable, in order to connect to your HDTV you'd have to buy one and its not cheap.


Hunting down a good deal requires patience, craigslist sellers intend to sell their items at new price when their items are used, it takes a while before you can find someone that can sell it at a fair price because they want to get rid of the item. I am not a professional photographer, but overall my opinion on this camera is quiet good.

For the past few days I've also gone through some of the older cameras and lense, one thing I did realize was older cameras using stainless steel lenses which was a lot more durable, these days everything is plastic, it just seems that corporates are charging us more and giving us less, just my 2 cents.

No comments:

Post a Comment